Sunday, February 17, 2013

Experiences with Adobe Connect


I have to admit, I was nervous and intimidated about the idea of presenting a social media webinar for my class. In fact, I was dreading it. I don’t usually mind conducting presentations, however, my lack of knowledge on Adobe Connect concerned me. I was worried that I would not be able to learn the software in time to present my topic. My biggest fear was the possibility of facing technical difficulties. For those who know me well, I don’t work well under pressure, especially when in front of an audience (regardless of being virtual!).

The beauty of owning two computers (desktop & laptop) was that I was able to conduct trial runs on my presentation and view what my class could see. I was also able to work out the kinks, upload documents for my presentation, and test out  features prior to presenting. I even had friends log on as participants so I could practice and gather their feedback.

Conducting the trial runs was significantly helpful because it helped me feel more confident and prepared for my presentation. I didn’t realize how easy it was to use Adobe Connect with others all over the world. This is definitely a useful tool for professionals and online courses. I am actually surprised that it is only now that I am finding out about this web conferencing software.

No comments:

Post a Comment